Money for Sale!
Adventures don't have to cost a lot of money. But Alma and Milan still can't do without money altogether. They need a rope ladder for their tree house. So how do they reach their goal? Should they trade, work, buy, sell, or save for something big? A story to think and laugh along with. The picture book takes a look at money, consumption, and values and conveys them to children in a playful way.
The book is in line with the Curriculum 21 learning goals for kindergarten as well as 1st and 2nd grade:
- Know and compare individual wishes and needs
- Recognise and think about what's fair and what's unfair
- Explore bartering and trading
- Recognise the flow of money (where does money come from, how do I spend it)
- Distinguish tangible from intangible values